Tell us about yourself
Thank you for your interest in applying for the PAEMST Award. We ask that you fill out the nomination form below to begin the process. As a reminder, the application deadline is May 1, 2018.
Who is Eligible
The following are eligibility criteria for applicants. They must:
- Teach mathematics or science (including computer science) as part of their contracted teaching responsibilities at the K-6 grade level in a public (including charter), or private school.
- Hold at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Be a full-time employee of the school or school district as determined by state and district policies, with responsibilities for teaching students no less than 50% of the school's allotted instructional time.
- Have at least five years of full-time employment as a K-12 teacher during which mathematics or science (including computer science) has been a part of the applicant's teaching duties prior to the 2017-2018 academic school year.
- Teach in one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Department of Defense Education Activity schools, or the U.S. territories as a group (American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and U.S. Virgin Islands).
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Not have received the PAEMST award at the national level in any prior competition or category.
OMB No: 3145-0035